John Gotti was born on October 27, 1940 in Bronx, New York, USA as John Joseph Gotti Jr. He was married to Victoria DiGiorgio. He died on June 10, 2002 in Springfield, Missouri, USA.
- Five children: Victoria Gotti, Angela, John Gotti Jr., Peter and Frank (who was killed in 1980 when a neighbor accidentally hit him with his car) That neighbor was kidnapped and killed shortly thereafter.
- His grandson John Agnello is named after him.
- Son Frank was born on October 18, 1967. He died on March 18, 1980 at only 12 years of age. All of Frank's siblings named one of their sons after him.
- Gotti's lawyer was Bruce Cutler.
- Diagnosed with throat cancer in 1998.