- In 2000, she boasted that, although she could not button up the pink shorts with the 21-inch waistband worn in Rear Window (1954), she could still get them on.
- Brooklyn-born ballerina, sometime actress and minor pin-up queen best remembered as being the young blonde spied upon by James Stewart as "Miss Torso" in the classic Alfred Hitchcock thriller, Rear Window (1954). When she met Hitchcock she had no idea who he was. He suggested she get an agent. She did not and consequently only got paid only $350 for Rear Window (1954).
- The last day of filming Rear Window (1954) was on January 14, 1954, her 21st birthday. Alfred Hitchcock and the film's cast and crew celebrated her birthday on the set with a birthday cake and presents.
- Started her career with the New York City Ballet Company for two years, then worked as a magician's assistant and subsequently went on tour with Ole Olsen and Chic Johnson in "Hellzapoppin'".
- She lied about her age throughout her career, claiming to have been born in 1937 (making herself four years younger than her true age). Her obituary in "The Los Angeles Times" gave her age as 68; she was actually 71 years old.